It’s almost fall and that means flat season is back. Sure, you can rock flats spring, summer and fall, but there’s nothing better to transition from sandals to boots than a great pair of flats! From splurges to saves, here are a handful of classic neutrals that will go with almost any autumn style.
The fiddle leaf fig bug has finally bitten me. After five years of having a 12 foot tall cactus in our old home, I’ve been missing my dose of green in our new home and this past Saturday, the stars aligned. I discovered the sweetest little floral and home goods shop in Newburyport (Sage Market + Design for you Boston locals) and they had a darling fiddle leaf fig for sale with my name on it. These babies are such nice touch to a sun room or office and brings a fun, tropical vibe to your home.
Here are a few tips I’ve picked up along the way:
- Keep your fig in plenty of indirect sunlight and rotate it to allow for even growth.
- Let you tree dry out completely in between waterings. Make sure the top soil is dry to the touch before watering again.
- Keep the leaves clean and free of dust. The cleaner your leaves are the they can drink in the sun!
- Trim any heavily browning or dead leaves from your tree. New baby leaves will grow in their place and fill out your tree nicely.
- Fertilize your tree each month during spring and summer. Use a liquid fertilizer and dilute with half water.
- Repot if your fig has outgrown it’s pot—or, remove top few inches of soil annually and refresh your plant with new soil.
- During the warmer months, depending on your location and the size of your tree, you can bring it outdoors in a patio area as well for a pretty addition to an al fresco dinner!
Image via Becki Owens
If you peeked into my closet, you’d quickly figure out that peach (and coral) are my signature colors. And you bet you can find it sprinkled throughout my home, too. It’s that go-to hue for me that creates instant cheer whether I’m putting on a cute top or lighting the sweet peach candle in my bathroom.
Being true to your everyday style is one of the most important things you can do for yourself when making any fashion or beauty decisions for your wedding, from your accessories and dress to your hair and makeup. When it came to choosing my wedding accessories, my initial thought was to go with extra fancy gems and a special ‘signature’ scent just for that day. Instead, I chose classic and simple yellow gold accessories to match my engagement ring and pearl ring, gold shoes from Schutz and my go-to summer scent Beach by Bobbi Brown. Sticking with those pieces proved to be the right decision and made me feel more like me—something so, so important for any bride on her wedding day. Scroll down to get the sparkly details below! xx
Photography: Rebecca Yale
1 2 3 … 55 Next